Friday, September 2, 2016

Farmhouse Table

I haven’t posted anything in a long time so I thought I would show a picture of a country farmhouse table I made for a benefit for my kids' school.

The table is 72” x 48” with 3.5” tapered legs. The table and benches are built from construction grade lumber. Since the wood found at my local box store is complete trash I only used wood purchased from there to build the aprons and legs of the table and benches. I laminated the legs to make them more stable and sturdy.  After giving up trying to find usable lumber at my local box store, I happened upon a small contractor supply business in my town that had great quality pine lumber. Lumber from there cost a bit more but I was able to get nice straight boards with no wane to construct the top of the table and benches.  

This was a fun project and I hope to make more tables to sell.

4 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

It looks very nice!

Frontier Carpenter said...

Thank you

Jonas Jensen said...

Great looking table. I bet the local school is happy to have you around as a parent when you make stuff like that :-)
Brgds
Jonas

Frontier Carpenter said...

Thank you Jonas